Although Snowmass, Colorado is best known for its unparalleled variety of skiing & snowboarding terrain, there are plenty of non-ski activities to do here besides hitting the slopes.
1. Snow Tubing: Perfect for all members of the family, the tubing center is located at Elk Camp, offering seven one-hour sessions daily. The sessions begin at 10am, 10:30am, 11am, 1pm, 1:30pm, 2pm and 2:30pm. Five additional sessions are available Fridays during Ullr Nights at 5:30pm, 6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm and 7:30pm
2. Bowling: Conveniently located in Snowmass Mall, Snowmass Lanes & Lounge is an ideal rendezvous point for skiers and non-skiers. With 8 lanes, a full service kitchen, several HDTV’s and 2 huge projector screens, this is a fun place to unwind with friends and family.
3. Snowmobile to the Maroon Bells: With the road closed in the winter, experience the Maroon Bells in a more adventurous and intimate way. Take a guided snowmobile tour through the Snowmass Wilderness all the way to Maroon Lake, complete with a cup of hot cocoa upon arrival. With single and double rider options, and no experience necessary, this is sure to be a vacation highlight.
4. Dog Sledding at Krabloonik: Hop in the sled, and take in the mountain scenery through aspen groves and wide-open meadows. 10 dogs and experienced mushers whisk you to a gourmet meal in a remote, quaint cabin. A winter adventure defined.
5. Cross-Country Skiing: Starting from the Snowmass Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe Center, stride and glide through over 60 miles of Nordic trail in the Aspen/Snowmass area. The trails offer exceptional views, looking up-valley towards Mt. Daly.
See all activities in Snowmass