Snowmass, Colo., (August 9, 2017) – Yoga on the Mountain, presented by Power Yoga Retreats, debuts in Snowmass Village, this weekend, August 11-13, 2017. The three-day celebration of yoga, music, and nature, set among stunning mountain peaks, features more than 40 sessions led by inspiring teachers from around the country. The diverse schedule ranges from restorative yoga classes to advanced asana workshops, from lighthearted flow to focused sessions on mudras, mantras, bandhas and breath work – all mixed with meditation, presentations and discussions. The Festival also features kid’s yoga classes, live music, stargazing, hikes, and much more.
Yoga on the Mountain features 20 instructors, teaching a wide variety of classes. Festival highlights include:
- Arielle Shipe, local teacher and Instagram adventurer, teaches a Saturday night Glow Flow and yoga party.
- Diana Vitantonio, founder of Breathless Yoga in Cleveland, OH, leads her signature, beat-driven flow that will move the soul.
- Matt Giordano, a Connecticut-based, traveling teacher and performer, helps yogis advance their practice with his refined attention to detail and precise action cues.
- Evan Soroka of O2 in neighboring Aspen, brings mind, body and spirit together in her balanced, breath-focused sessions.
- Tracey Lanham of Denver, CO, and Brandy Wade from Boulder, CO, take attendees for a deep dive into letting go, using the energetic vibrations of singing bowls and deeply meditative mudras.
- Terri Honeysuckle, an Arkansas based yogi guru, leads “Write and Shine” early Sunday morning, getting the body and mind moving with improv games and writing prompts to help attendees see themselves in each other.
Tickets are $249 for a three day pass, or $99 for a one day pass and can be purchased at Eventbrite.com. All class venues, including a spacious mountain-view tent and an open-air stage, are centrally located around the Snowmass Mall. For the full weekend schedule, please visit https://yogaonthemountainaspensnowm2017.sched.com/.
For more information on Yoga on the Mountain, please visit https://www.gosnowmass.com/event/yoga-on-the-mountain/
About Power Yoga Retreats – Power Yoga Retreats exists to provide a lighthearted yet soulful approach to empowered living through travel, yoga, and self-inquiry. We believe the journey to enlightenment is paved with adventure. Forge a new path, live your truth and make new friends.
About Snowmass, Colorado – A renowned winter playground and vibrant mountain community just 9 miles from downtown Aspen, Snowmass consistently ranks as one of the best ski areas in the world. In addition to unmatched natural beauty and over 300 sunny days a year, Snowmass ski resort offers guests 3,332 acres of multi-level terrain and boasts the second largest vertical drop in the United States. 95% ski-in/ski-out lodging, 37 restaurants, numerous shops and boutiques, a bounty of off-piste activities, and a friendly, small town feel beckon visitors year-round. For more information and a complete calendar of events and activities, please visit: www.gosnowmass.com.
Snowmass Tourism Media Contact: Sara Stookey, Public Relations Coordinator, Snowmass Tourism, 970-922-2285 or sstookey@SnowmassTourism.com.