Spring Fling, the weekend of April 13-15, closes out Snowmass’ 50th anniversary season with a bang!
Come out for the 10th annual Schneetag, the second annual Surf & Snow Beach Party at Elk Camp followed by a swimsuit ski to the base of the mountain, on-mountain and off-mountain celebrations all weekend long, and much more.
11:30pm-3:30pm – Surf + Snow Beach Party
- Head up to Elk Camp for some fun in the sun! The party begins at 11:30am with DJ Naka G, free leis for those in swim attire, volleyball, drink specials, taco bar, margarita bike blenders and plenty of raffles and giveaways. Wear your swim attire for a chance at a North American Record attempt for largest swimsuit ski parade at 3:30pm.
12:00pm – Gwyn’s High Alpine
- Join us mid-mountain at Gwyn’s High Alpine for a beach-themed celebration, dance party and food & drink specials with DJ Berkel Beats spinning tunes
3:30pm – Swimsuit Ski Down
- Join us and other fellow skiers/riders to ski down from Elk Camp to Base Village as a big group – helping us break the Guinness Book of World Records for largest swimsuit ski down!
All Day – Restaurant + Retailer Specials
12:00pm-2:00pm – Schneetag
- The 10th annual Schneetag event invites teams of four to create a craft that they will pilot down a slope and attempt to float across a pond. Each team has a theme and will perform a skit before they descend. Register here.
- NEW THIS YEAR: individual skiers and snowboarders will be allowed to skim the pond in addition to the teams with crafts
- The competition will be held above Spider Sabich Race Arena
- Click here for competition rules and regulations
- 2018 Prizes: TBD
- 2017 Prizes included: 4 Belly Up tickets of $50 value, $250 bar tab at Belly Up, 4 Budweiser branded beach cruisers, 4 pairs of HEAD skis and Tyrolia bindings
2:00pm-4:00pm – Smith Optics Grudge Match Rail Jam
- Be sure to stick around after Schneetag to watch as 30 of the best riders around compete for the best trick in a rail jam format
- The competition will be held above Spider Sabich, the same location as Schneetag
- Participants: registration starts April 1 at Radio Board Shop in Aspen, with a Welcome Party on April 14