Join us in Snowmass Village for a mid-summer celebration of all things mountain biking at the first annual Snowmass Bike Festival August 13-18, 2019. Don’t miss a week filled with trail riding, racing, music, films and more.
The 2019 Audi Power of Four Mountain Bike Race will take place on Saturday, August 17. This year the Power of Four Mountain Bike course is going to utilize some of the best single track in the valley over a 25 mile loop that will start and finish in Snowmass. Registration HERE.
This two-day event will blend high altitude riding adventures mixed with some of the biggest descents and best trail riding in the area, some of which seldom open to the public. Expect a heavy pro field and new and revised courses from previous years. The combination of Aspen Mountain, Snowmass Bike Park terrain and the surrounding trails within the valley offers some of the most diverse mountain biking in the country. Registration HERE, schedule HERE and course map HERE.
The VIDA MTB Series is focused on inspiring a movement to promote cycling as a way of improving lives. VIDA MTB works to unify women’s voices to send clear messages to the cycling community, increasing the visibility of women riders. Their fundamental goal is to encourage more women to ride bikes and support them in their endeavors through instruction, building communities, and breaking down barriers to participation. Join VIDA’s Flagship 2-day Clinic in Snowmass, and take your riding to the next level. This immersive allows you to connect with your coaches and dive into the nitty-gritty when it comes to proper form on the bike. Registration HERE.
The last stage of the Snowmass Bike Park Race Series takes place to kick off the Snowmass Bike Festival on Tuesday, August 13! Join local and visiting riders, or challenge your friends on a different course at the Snowmass Bike Park each week. We will announce the course for stage 6 the morning of August 13. Registration HERE.
A 28-year Snowmass summer tradition, head to Fanny Hill to enjoy some of the country’s best live bands with a spectacular mountain backdrop. This week, The Samples bring reggae-influenced rock/pop to the stage. Pack a picnic, grab a meal to-go from a Snowmass Village restaurant, or purchase food & drinks on site. Free!
Movies Under the Stars Featuring: Return To Earth
Bring your blankets, picnic, family and friends to enjoy Movies Under the Stars, an outdoor film series taking place at dusk at The Rink in Snowmass Base Village this summer. This week features this year’s marquee mountain bike film, Return To Earth, produced by Anthill Films. Food and non-alcoholic drinks are welcome, and free popcorn is provided! Adult beverages and carryout dinners are available for purchase from Snowmass Base Village restaurants. Free!
Trail Build on Hawk Ridge
We’re teaming up with Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association to give back to our mountain bike community and help with some trail work on the Hawk Ridge trail in Snowmass, Colorado. Join us Wednesday, August 14, for this community event! Check back for details about when and where to show up to help with this project. Free!
Snowmass Balance Bike Race
Head to The Rink in Snowmass Base Village Sunday from 11am-1pm for the first annual Snowmass Balance Bike Race. Kids ages 1-6 years old can come test out their balance bike skills on the cool obstacle course that will build your child’s confidence and skill level. Come to compete or just for fun! All skill levels are invited and everyone wins a prize. Race waves are set up for the following age categories: 2 years and under; 3 years; 4 years; 5+6 years. Each wave will start with a warm-up lap. Registration will take place on-site between 10-11am on race day. Balance bikes are provided but bring your own helmet. Free!
Schedule of Events
Tuesday, August 13
Wednesday, August 14
- 5:30-8:00pm – Trail Building Session with Roaring Fork Mountain Bike Association on the new Hawk Ridge Trail
Thursday, August 15
- 8:00am-5:00pm – Big Mountain Enduro Training
- 6:30-9:00pm – Snowmass Free Concert Series featuring The Samples, a reggae-influenced rock and pop band
Friday, August 16
Saturday, August 17
Sunday, August 18
Limelight Snowmass will be offering a special discount for the Snowmass Bike Festival, August 16 -18 as listed below.
- $185 per night with a 2 night minimum length of stay and 20% off single night stays.
For reservations at the Limelight Hotel Snowmass, please call (844) 362.7119 Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm MST or email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the group name Snowmass Bike Festival.
Snowmass Bike Festival events are held across Snowmass Village, check with each indivudual event for exact location.
For events held in Snowmass Base Village:
- The Village Shuttle provides free public transportation throughout Snowmass to Base Village. Routes and pick-up locations can be found here.
- If you are staying outside of Snowmass Village, RFTA provides free public transportation from Aspen and the Brush Creek Intercept Lot to Base Village. Free parking is available at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot and Town Park Station (Rodeo Lot), with free shuttles to Base Village. Routes and schedules can be found here.
- If you are driving, free parking is available in the Base Village Parking Garage. If you park in the garage, take the elevator up to Base Village.
For events held at the Snowmass Mall:
- The Village Shuttle provides free public transportation throughout Snowmass Village to the Mall. Routes and pick-up locations can be found here.
- If you are staying outside of Snowmass Village, RFTA provides free public transportation from Aspen and the Brush Creek Intercept Lot to the Snowmass Mall. Free parking is available at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot and Town Park Station (Rodeo Lot), with free shuttles to the Snowmass Mall. Routes and schedules can be found here.
- If you are driving, free parking is available in the Base Village Parking Garage and in the numbered lots on Carriage Way. From the Parking Garage, take the elevator to Base Village and ride the Sky Cab Gondola (known as the Skittles) up to the Snowmass Mall.