A 36-year tradition in Snowmass, Mardi Gras kicks off with the early morning Mother Of All Ascensions uphill race, followed by an afternoon full of live music, a traditional bead toss at 3:00pm and a finale of fireworks at 7:00pm.
When: Tuesday, February 13
Where: Snowmass Mall & Base Village
• ALL DAY: Restaurant and Retail Specials (see info below)
• 7:00am | Mother of All Ascensions
• 1:00pm-5:00pm | Carnival family fun activities on the Snowmass Mall
• 2:30-3:30pm | Live music including Otone Brass Band and El Jebel Shrine Pipe Band on the Snowmass Mall
• 3:00-3:30pm | Bead Toss on the Snowmass Mall
• 5:00pm-9:00pm | On-mountain Mardi Gras Party at Elk Camp featuring live music, Hurricane specials and cajun style dishes
• 7:00pm | Top off this Fat Tuesday with fireworks over Fanny Hill
Base Camp Bar & Grill – Brazilian cocktails and Cajun food Saturday (2/10) through Fat Tuesday (2/13). On Fat Tuesday, there will be a DJ in the plaza from 2:30 PM until 5 PM with a Stoke Party upstairs in Base Camp with music from 4:30 PM until 2 AM.
Big Hoss Grill – Hurricane specials on the patio!
Elk Camp Restaurant – On-mountain Mardi Gras Party featuring live music, Hurricane specials and cajun style dishes
Francesca’s Empanadas – Cajun Empanada Specials
Gwyn’s High Alpine – Hurricane drinks specials in the bar; Cajun Gumbo and homemade King Cake in both restaurants, Naked Cowboy Oyster Po’Boys in Gywn’s. Staff will dress in their Fat Tuesday’s finest outfits
Sage Bar and Lounge – 5-9 PM Hot Crawfish Dip, Chicken & Shrimp Gumbo, Vanilla Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce
Slice Italian Bistro – Hurricanes and Cajun pizza Saturday (2/10) through Fat Tuesday
Slopeside Lanes – $6 Hurricanes, various beer and shot specials
Slow Groovin’ BBQ – Gumbo Special ($5 cup/$10 bowl), $3 pints from New Orleans’ own Dixie Brewing Co.
State 38 – Brandy Milk Punch and will be serving Mardi Gras special dishes
The Edge – Beignets – fried fritters covered with powdered sugar $7
• Gumbo – chicken, andouille, shrimp, peppers, onion and okra in a rich, dark roux $8
• Blackened Steak – with creole sauce $22
• Red Snapper – blackened snapper topped with remoulade $22
• Banana Foster Crepes – topped with whisky sauce $7
The Stew Pot – Shrimp Jambalaya, Crawfish Gumbo & Hurricane drink specials.
TORO Kitchen and Lounge – Classic New Orleans Cocktails and live music from 3:30 PM-7 PM
Venga Venga – DJ from 3-6pm
Zane’s Tavern – Crawfish Boil all day
Check out our video below from a past Mardi Gras: