Aspen Snowmass will host the only U.S. stop of the Enduro World Series for the 2nd year in-a-row in 2017. The two-day event blends high altitude Colorado singletrack with some of the biggest descents and best riding in the area.
The combination of the Aspen Mountain, Bike Snowmass and Snowmass Bike Park terrain offer some of the most diverse mountain biking in the country. Aspen Snowmass offers the only lift served biking in the U.S. that can take riders on 4,000-foot descents, beginning above tree line and ending in the high mountain desert. Riders should expect to see six stages and over 15,000 feet of descending and 1,500 feet of climbing, with both lift served and back country access to start lines and with a wide variety of raw terrain that top riders are looking for.
Snowmass has supported mountain biking and gravity riding for over 15 years going back to the NORBA Nationals and World Cup Downhill racing. Throughout the years, Snowmass has remained progressive every step of the way and the local crew is excited to showcase this venue to the mountain bike world, which will be the sixth stop on the EWS tour.
Enduro World Series – Snowmass Spectator Information:
- Saturday Stage 1 – Begins at top of Elk Camp Gondola. The best trails to watch on or near include Cascade, Creekside, Valhalla, and Sequel
- Saturday Stage 3 – Begins at the top of Coney Glade chairlift. The best trails to watch on or near include tree trails off of the Kid’s Race Arena and Lizard Lodge. You can also take a quick hike from the upper drop off point for the “Top of the Village” shuttle bus.
- Sunday Stage 4 – Begins at top of Elk Camp Gondola. The best trails to watch on or near include Vapor trail, Grey Wolf, Valhalla, Powerline, and Starks
- Sunday Stage 5 – Begins at top of Sam’s Knob. The best trails to watch on or near include West Government, old Campground liftline between Bearclaw and Wildcat
- Sunday Stage 6 – Begins at top of Coney Glade chairlift. Ffollow the hooting and hollering up to lookers left of the bottom terminal of the Coney Glade chair
How to get to the event: This event will be held in the Snowmass Bike Park. If you are bussing, it is best to get off at the Base Village stop. If you are driving, all numbered lots along Carriage Way and the Base Village Parking Garage offer free parking during the summer months. If you park in the garage, take the escalator or elevator to the Elk Camp Gondola. For more event parking information please click here.