The Collective Chess Club welcomes all levels of players, ages 10 years and older. Think of it as a class a little competitive spirit! Chess boards, notebooks and pencils will be provided to all participants. Club is limited to 20 people. RSVP’s are recommended to secure your space by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are welcome on a space-available basis.
Chess Club Meetings Format:
- The club begins by a short introduction of the participants and a mating pattern presented by the instructor
- Each meeting will have a lesson from basic chess concepts to chess openings for more advanced players
- Players are matched against each other based on their skill-level to play a game. The teacher will give advice and help during the game. Then the games are analyzed
- Introduction of an immortal game between two grand-masters and explanation
- Homework for next class and closing statement
COVID-19 Guidelines: Doors and windows will be open to have additional air flow in the space. All players and teachers are required to wear a mask and follow all COVID-19 guidelines.