A 35-year tradition in Snowmass, Mardi Gras kicks off with the early morning Mother Of All Ascensions uphill race, followed by an afternoon of revelry with a traditional bead toss at 3:00pm and a finale of fireworks at 7:30pm. Look for food and drink specials at restaurants and bars around Snowmass Village.
Schedule – Tuesday, February 28, 2017
7:00am: Mother of All Ascensions 25th Anniversary Race Start, Base Village
11:30am-3:00pm: Mardi Gras Party, Elk Camp restaurant
2:00-3:30pm: Face Painters & Performers, Snowmass Mall
3:00-3:15pm: Ski Parade, Elk Camp restaurant to Snowmass Mall
3:00-4:00pm: Bead Toss & Raffle, Snowmass Mall
4:00pm: Mardi Gras Parade, Snowmass Mall
7:30pm: Fireworks, Fanny Hill
All Day: Food & drink specials at Snowmass restaurants/bars. Details below.
Most events are FREE (face painters, bead toss, parade, fireworks).
Contact: 970.922.2233, gosnowmass.com
New Prize Raffle with Over $2,000 in Prizes
Sign up at participating stores starting Friday, February 24th until Tuesday, February 28th at 2:00pm. Raffle drawing occurs at 3:00pm during the Bead Toss and prior to the 4:00pm parade. Must be present to win! Must be over 21, with proof of ID, to win any prize including alcohol.
Prizes have been donated by these local Snowmass businesses:
• Accent on Wildflowers – Two $50 gift cards
• Aspen Sports – Four $25 gift cards
• Christy Sports – One Camelbak backpack and a Snowmass thermal sweater
• Clark’s Market – One $50 gift card
• Daly Bottle Shop – One bottle of Chipotle Vodka
• Four Mountain Sports – Two $50 gift cards and one gear rental
• Gene Taylor’s Sporting Goods – One $50 gift card
• Ice Age Discovery Center – Snowy Mammoth toys
• Incline Ski & Board Shop – Two $50 gift cards
• Local Color/Local Rebels – Wooden Colorado sign, t-shirt, and other assorted items
• The North Face – North Face long sleeved t-shirt
• Patagonia – Assorted hats
• Quiksilver – A hooded sweatshirt
• Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory – 10lb Chocolate bar
• Sidewinder Sports – A t-shirt and a gift card
• Snowmass Village Salon – Pure Fiji lotion and other assorted prizes
• Snowmass Sports – One free gear demo and SWG ski tune, in addition to a Snowmass Sports hat
• Snowmass Trading Company – One ½ zip hooded sweatshirt and other prizes
• Snowmass T-Shirt Company – A backpack and gloves
• Starbucks – Two free drink coupons, a mug, and other assorted items
• Sunglass Panache – One pair of sunglasses
• Surefoot – two pairs of ski socks
• Viceroy Snowmass – One-night stay in a studio suite and a $75 gift card to Ricard
• 81615 T-Shirt & Gift – Snowmass sweatshirt
Snowmass Village Restaurant Specials:
The Bar at Wildwood celebrates Mardi Gras with live music.
Base Camp Bar & Grill features Cajun food specials, drink specials, and DJ Romero starting at 3:00pm upstairs.
Big Hoss Grill serves hurricanes and is offering beads and other fun prizes to guests. Live music on the deck starting at 4:20pm.
The Edge Restaurant & Bar features a three course Mardi Gras inspired menu for $24.95, in addition to hurricane specials.
Elk Camp Restaurant featuring an on-mountain Mardi Gras party. Festivities include a DJ from 12pm-3pm, a 50 piece jazz band, giveaways for those in costume, and party favors including beads, masks, and streamers. Food & drink specials, available 11:00am-3:30pm, include New Orleans inspired dishes like jambalaya, gumbo and muffuletta, and bar specials including hurricanes and craft beer samples.
Fuel features gumbo on the menu for the day.
Gwyn’s and Gwyn’s High Alpine are serving Cajun gumbo and hurricanes, while diners at Gwyn’s can order a softshell crab po’ boy. Both restaurants are also selling beads during the week leading up to Fat Tuesday to benefit the Little Red School House. The staff will be decked out in Cajun themed costumes.
Mountain Bayou Bar & Grill celebrates with live music in addition to food and drink specials. Specials include boudin & seafood jambalaya and hurricanes.
Nest introduces a specialty rum cocktail to the menu in celebration of the holiday.
New Belgium Ranger Station offers themed bites and beer pairings during happy hour.
Sage Restaurant & Bar features gumbo, gulf oysters, and more from 5:30pm-8:30pm.
Saké features festive drink specials.
Slice Italian Bistro celebrates Mardi Gras with drink specials.
Slopeside Lanes continues the celebration into the night with $3 draft beer, $4 cans of beer, $5 well drinks, 20% off pizza, and $4 bowling after 9:30pm.
Slow Groovin’ BBQ features drink specials and a deck party in the afternoon.
Snowmass Kitchen offers themed dinner specials to highlight the holiday.
Snowmass Chapel offers a Pancake Supper, open to the community from 5-7pm
The Stew Pot serves gumbo and jambalaya throughout the afternoon and evening.
Venga Venga features hurricane and Milagro specials.
Zane’s Tavern brings back their popular crawfish boil.
Participate in the parade! $1,000 in Cash Prizes!