Aspen Center for Environment Studies (ACES), is a non-profit environmental science education organization which provides programs for all ages in the areas of ecological literacy, agriculture, forest health, ecosystem restoration, and civic leadership.
In the summer and winter seasons, ACES offers free guided hikes daily to explore Snowmass. For a bespoke experience, ACES’ Hire a Guide program offers tours that can be customized to suit various interests, such as wildflowers, birds, or geology.
ACES winter activities begin on December 16, 2019 and run through April 2020. Explore spruce and fir forests along a babbling creek with ACES on a two-hour guided snowshoe tour with a Naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES). Learn about Rocky Mountain winter ecology, local wildlife, and more as you discover the area and enjoy the silence of a snow-covered forest. Tours begin at 10am and 1pm at the top of the Elk Camp Gondola and tickets are available for purchase at any lift ticket office – please allow 30 minutes for the gondola ride.
- Prices: $66 Adults, $46 Youth (7-17 years) and Seniors (over 65 years).
- If you have your own lift ticket, tour prices are: $40 Adults, $31 Youth & Senior
- Tour price includes snack and warm drink, gondola ride, snowshoes, knowledgeable guide, and basic snowshoeing instruction.
- Approximately 1.5 miles round trip. Tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Ages 7 and up.
- No reservations.
- Call ACES at (970) 925-5756 during open hours (Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM) with any questions.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Aspen Skiing Company, and the White River National Forest (USFS).